Monday, August 27, 2007

ebb and flow

People tell me this is about the time it hits. It pangs, like a sharp dagger, at weird, odd, inconsistent times throughout the day.
Homesickness in unusual forms. Tonight I went grocery shopping and it felt weird to not have the Saturn nearby. I don't mind having to shell out money for a cab, but I miss driving. I can call people from the States, but it already feels odd, like a distance has set in. I have no idea where and what my family and friends are doing right now! I think life as I knew it starting to feel far away and the control is starting to slip further and further away. It's unsettling and hits as the oddest times. People tell me it hits about this time. I didn't realize but I have been gone for a month already. The "vacation" mentality is starting to ebb away. I am just trying to stay afloat and enjoy it. I live in Korea and better get used shelling out won for a taxi.

No comments: