Saturday, August 22, 2009

Asian Snow Day-=H1N1

I remember my first snow day as a teacher back in Minnesota. I cranked up the heat. I actually shoveled the driveway by myself for the first time in my life. I watched MANY episodes of Scrubs and Friends over a 48-hour period.

Life the last three days has been similar to a snow day, but snow hasn't been the reason to stay home.

H1N1 has been the culprit.

This past Tuesday our school shut down for a week because of swine flu. Eight students and two staffs members contracted the virus and the Korean Health Department advised us to shut down for a week. What???

School re-opens next Wednesday. I've been busy eating, running, and watching plenty of movies indoors to avoid catching the pesky infection. Life never ceases to get boring living overseas!

No comments: