Saturday, October 13, 2007

I'm proud to be a classy broad!

My principal invited me and three other single, female teachers over for dinner this past week. This was a complete first for me! Administrators intimidate me and I usually hide in my classroom. (It's a stupid childhood fear of getting in trouble from adults!) Nonetheless, he is warm, humorous, and an extremely gracious man. He would replace Micheal Scott any day!

After a stressful day of coaching and teaching, I strapped on my ipod and proceeded to "dance" my troubles away to Earth, Wind, and Fire. I had to be at my principal's house in one hour and I wanted to be relaxed and de-stressed. Lo and behold, as I turned to cross the street, my principal was simultaneously crossing the street and laughing at me. Actually, he was GUFFAWING!!! I turned CRIMSON and sheepishly took the earpiece out of my ear. We chatted briefly about the day, when he smugly asked me what music enraptured me to the point of idiotic carelessness with Korean traffic. I said Earth, Wind, and Fire and then, stupidly, asked him to join me in my street dancing.

Much to my chagrin, he strapped on an earpiece. Two set of arms and legs started dancing, rather jiving, to the beat of my music. For two full, exuberant minutes we were completely in sync to "September". Suddenly, my earpiece fell out.

The moment was over.

For a brief second, silence hit us both. Did we really just dance the street to Earth, Wind, and Fire? Like complete dorks?
Yes, yes we did. Luckily, smiles suddenly erupted on both of our faces. This was our little secret. Earth, Wind, and Fire would never be the same.

The secret didn't last long. The cat was let out of the bag at dinner that night. My sheepish smile came back at the thought of my ridiculous antics, but my principal made me feel sane again. He called me a classy broad and affirmed that any man should consider himself lucky to dance down the street with me.

Maybe he is a little bit like Micheal Scott. :)

3 comments:

Rick Laska, MSW, LGSW said...

I love that you were dancing to September!

Erika said...

Ha, ha! What a great "Emily story!" I love that the setting for your stories changes, but you don't...perfect!

Meredith said...

I hope you didn't do any of those "suggestive" moves while he was in the vicinity. hehe. You are quite the classy b Em. Especially with the spitting. :) Love ya. Mean it!